Wednesday, January 27, 2010
      ( 9:48 PM ) posted by Setsuled  
Last night's tweets;

Beware the sleeping cookie scale dragon.
The shadowed mountain smells like a bakery.
Hot dough creates corpses by the wagon.
And deer puke Slurpee by royal decree.


Having mentioned chess a few tweets ago seems to have gotten me on the list of over sixteen thousand people Women's World Chess Grandmaster Alexandra Kosteniuk is following. I hadn't heard of her, but I've suddenly gotten addicted to watching YouTube videos of her playing chess.



That she thought a few moves ahead of time so quickly to that Knight fork at the end blows my mind.

I only watched three videos of her, though, because I've been drawing pretty much all day. I pencilled two pages to-day in the time it took me to pencil single pages of the whole rest of the chapter. It's lucky these last two pages ended up being easier--I keep the difficulty of drawing the pages out of mind when I write the script, so I can only hope the next chapter will be easier.

I also watched part of Obama's State of the Union Address while I was eating lunch. I thought it was rather surprising the Republicans would so blatantly avoid applauding when Obama talked shit about lobbyists. I suppose the GOP has good reason to be cocky, though.

I've been getting more and more pessimistic about the people in government nowadays, but I have to admit the guy gave me a glimmer of hope with charm alone. But it didn't take long for the reality of the Republican strategy of ceding absolutely no ground came back to my mind.

Last night I dreamt I became a club DJ and hired a stripper to be my personal assistant. I bought an angry, dancing iguana, which made my stripper/assistant upset because she already had a twelve foot long white reptile of some kind which she kept in an aquarium filled with opaque, black liquid.
#





writing:
Anelnoath
Venia's Travels
Boschen and Nesuko

links:
News
The Agonist
Crooks and Liars
The Guardian
The Japan Times
National Public Radio
The New York Times
The Onion

Blogs
Poppy Z Brite
Dame Darcy's Journal
Neil Gaiman
Caitlin R Kiernan
M'isa's Journal

Art and Entertainment
Tori Amos
David Bowie
The Cure
William Gibson
Martin Johnson
Karlsweb
Leia's Metal Bikini
Nebari.Net
Peanuts
Rasputina
Remotely Lame
Roger Ebert
Scott McCloud

Reference
Dictionary
Moviefone
Norse Mythology
Jeff Russell's Starship Dimensions (everyone needs this)
Tarot readings at Trusted Tarot.
World Clock(it's nifty!)

e-mail: setsuled@yahoo.com

Presenting Setsuled's blog . . .

Powered by Blogger