Tuesday, January 21, 2003

I got too many things for free on Monday--this sews suspicion in a heart like mine.

First I got batteries from Tim for free when I went into his RadioShack. He says they write them off, but it still felt strange. Not to mention he paid me back for lending him eight dollars the other day--so I essentially walked into RadioShack, grabbed some batteries, took money from the cashier, and left.

Sure, I'm grateful. But I'm so psychologically peculiar that it had me quaking in my shoes.

Later in the evening, the girl at Starbucks refused to take money for the grande latte I ordered. And, no exaggeration, I practically begged her to take my money.

The only thing I ended up paying for on Monday was that stomach ache inducing veggie tempura. Perhaps that was my penance.

...

I'm also currently feeling slightly guilty for offering on Poppy Z Brite's message board some biting criticism of Anne Rice. I looked at Rice's site afterwards and learned that her husband died last month.

I still stand by what I said. But I felt bad--I prolly wouldn't if it weren't for the fact that I really do like some of Rice's older stuff.

Oh well. "That's the way the teeth gnashes" as William Burroughs once wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment