Saturday, January 25, 2003

My heart hurts a great deal, and it's been hurting a great deal for several hours now.

I have only one theory as to why.

About two hours after I woke up, I went to the mall. I went to one of the pretzel places because I had a craving for the Cin-ful Cinnamon pretzel I'd been given a bite off from the Sample Girl standing in front of the store a few days earlier.

To-day, I threaded my way through a conglomeration of strollers and their ponderous parents to the counter where I was asked by a pretty young woman, "Hello sir, how're you to-day?"

"Good. How're you?"

Her default smile faltered and her eyebrows creased a little, "Wh . . . what did you say?" she sounded like I'd called her something really vile.

"I said, 'I'm good. How're you?',"

"Oh . . ." the smile returned.

Now, this pretzel she gave me had . . . I would say just enough cinnamon sprinkled on it to, if scraped off, fill a large thermos. I say that in jest but . . . thinking back now, I'm pretty sure that's actually a rather literal estimation.

I still have cinnamon under my fingernails. Honestly, it was worse than sand on a beach.

I think it's the cause of my headache.

The headache's the cause of me feeling pretty crappy right now.

...

On the bright side of things, the new episode of Farscape was really good.

And I did a new page for Doll Merchant

No comments:

Post a Comment