Friday, January 24, 2003

So . . . tired . . .

Calculating in my head . . . I believe I can have gotten no more than three hours of sleep in the past fifty or so hours.

I hate that.

Because I really, really like sleep. Contrary to some beliefs, I am not an insomniac. Merely a fellow who doesn't sleep during the night. But during the day--ha! Look out Morpheus because the Dreaming is my oyster!

I was granted very little sleep on Thursday. Meaning I'm hitting the sack now, as early as 4am.

It's worse because I've felt very unproductive all day. In fact, it's even worse than that because I was actually rather, in truth, productive. I just dinna feel like I was being productive.

I got two more sections of web site up to-day--looking over to your right, you might notice the new Doll Merchant and Links sections.

Doll Merchant is a goofy little sort of serial doodle I've been doing for a few months. I created it mainly for those times when I was feeling like I couldn't possibly do anything with the night requiring me to do more than lay on my ass. I put out only one page of Doll Merchant at a time, and each page is only six panels.

So when I'm feeling all useless, I can almost always con myself into working by saying, "Oh come on. It's just six measly panels . . ." and since the artwork in Doll Merchant is kinna willfully rough, it's easy work. But it often acts as a springboard into getting some more serious work done.

And really, I'm rather happy with Doll Merchant so far . . . although I have no idea where the story's going.

No comments:

Post a Comment