Sunday, May 11, 2003

Hey folks. Didja miss me? I've been a little distracted . . . Something got my full attention without me even asking it to. But that's done (for now) so . . .

Last night was filled with a diversity of entertainments.

I ate ramen and was standing up, watching a bit of MST3k, when I noticed something like a hummingbird bouncing around the room, crashing into walls, drapes, and especially light bulbs (turned out to be a moth).

In less than half a second, the keepers of the peace, aka, the cats, were on the case. First Lucky hounded the thing through the kitchen and into the living room, actually managing to pin the thing down. But apparently Lucky wasn't interested in using his claws just yet as the moth seemed right as rain (or as right as can be repeatedly ramming into the walls) when Lucky released him. Then, as things moved up the stairs and back down again, Victoria appeared. I gotta say, it was kinna beautiful watching those two cooperate on something for once.

But it was at last left to me to capture the thing. I meant to toss it outside, but it was so hard opening the front door while similtaneously holding the guy that I think I accidentally tore off one of his antennae. Oh well.

I also watched The Big Sleep starring Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall. Having much enjoyed the book I was generally pleased with the movie. I was a little surprised to learn that the screenplay was written by William Faulkner and Leigh Brackett.

No comments:

Post a Comment