Monday, January 14, 2008

I'm thinking I might watch at least part of the Val Lewton marathon on TCM to-night. I'll certainly check out the Martin Scorsese documentary.

I did practically nothing yesterday. I can't even remember most of it. Seems like this happened last Sunday. Or was it the Sunday before?

Eto . . . I've been kind of annoyed by how brazenly 99% of the media has taken Bill Clinton's "fairytale" comment about Barack Obama out of context. The single sentence has been used to suggest that Bill Clinton was somehow saying that it's impossible for a black person to be president--Tim Russert used the clip, along with a montage individuals apparently taking what irresponsible news media spoon fed them, to needle Hillary Clinton on Meet the Press.

Here's the quote in context;



It's ridiculously obvious that Bill Clinton is referring specifically to Obama's war stance. I really don't think Hillary Clinton ought to have voted for that resolution, but there's a hell of a lot more nuance to this thing than people seem interested in acknowledging.

No comments:

Post a Comment