Thursday, January 10, 2008

Not much to say about yesterday. I picked up a copy of Jaime Hernandez's The Girl from H.O.P.P.E.R.S., since I liked Maggie the Mechanic so much. So far I'm liking this one, too.

I've been watching Cowboy Bebop again lately while eating breakfast and really enjoying it. It's one of those shows the never fails to get just a little better every time I watch it. However, last night I made the mistake of trying to watch the Cowboy Bebop movie again, which, while it has some truly fantastic action sequences, actually seems to be largely devoid of the series' charms.

Anyway. I'm working on the script for the new comic to-day. I've decided it's going to be a Valentine's Day special and that it's going to be black and white so I can make a bunch of copies to hand out at Comic-Con. It's a gangster noir set in the 20s inspired, I think, by Miller's Crossing and Red Harvest. I've spent a lot of time over the past couple days reading about Al Capone, Prohibition, and the mafia.

Tip of the day; never enter a dance competition against Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers;

No comments:

Post a Comment