Tuesday, January 08, 2008

It's a good thing I didn't know when I was five that black liquorice and rum are so fantastic together or I'd have started in on them right away. I do wish someone'd told me Twizzlers suck. I'd been eating black Red Vines, but I decided to give Twizzlers a try last night and wish I hadn't. They seem to be made entirely out of the gelatine used to make capsule pills and are completely flavourless. But the rum was still good.

I started watching Ikiru again while drinking, but somehow I became incredibly tired at around 1:30am. I had a hard time believing it, but I fell right to sleep when my head hit the pillow. I woke up at 6:30am and couldn't get back to sleep until I found a really strange way to sort of blank out my mind--I started picturing Vasquez from Aliens in the place of Snow White in the 1937 Disney movie. The fantasy never got more complicated than Vasquez saying, "I'm not doing your fucking chores, man!" and Grumpy replying, "Well, who asked you?"

I did get some work done on my wiki yesterday, but more and more I'm feeling like this is going to be a very, very long range project. I've been trying to think of another comic I could do in the meantime. I've thought of and rejected a couple ideas, but this morning I think I finally got something I can run with. It's one of those things where beats pop automatically to the surface and interesting ripples appear naturally. Hopefully it's not one of those things where the good ideas come too fast for me to remember most of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment