Thursday, August 14, 2003

Started to-day reading Age of Innocence at Starbucks (this was 6:30am--horrifically early for me). I was feeling all good about the writing I'd done yesterday, and then Wharton made me feel all amatuerish. I barely restrained myself from doing something silly like rapidly slapping the table like a bongo when I read one particularly genius bit.

Not to be daunted, I set in to writing after two chapters of Age of Innocence. I think reading that a bit first helped me slow down and smell the roses with my own characters and situations--there's been a lot of action sequences in my tale lately, and this helped me reorient my narrative.

So it's just barely 10am now, and already I've written the entirety of chapter 74. Not too bad . . . I think I'll even write more to-day! Oo-da-lolly, I seem to be on a roll of sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment