Thursday, January 15, 2004

"As they pulled you out of the oxygen tent you asked for the latest party . . ."

Thursday again and I've got quite a mess here.

Finished watching the Cowboy Bebop television series last night. Definately a series with more style than substance but what style. And what damn fine animation for a television series. I frequently wondered how they managed it. And there was a lot more communicated about characters in this series by the way they moved and there was great use, in that capacity, of subtle gestures. And people had more distinctive physical features. Even many of the women looked different from one another for reasons other than hair.

And I felt sad at the end. Especially during Faye Valentine's words with Spike. It was almost as if she was saying, "I like this Cowboy Bebop series. Don't let's end it!"

I'm very glad I waited to see it with its Japanese language track instead of watching it on Cartoon Network. The English voice actors are never up to snuff.

Continued my hopeless search for some of my CDs yesterday. Digging about in my back seat I found, buried at the bottom, Richard's cough drops bag and Cryptess's fruit juice. Which is weird.

But damn it, why can't I find my copy of Tom Waits's Alice?

I did find, at Mel's journal:

black cat
You are a black cat, stubborn yet friendly, you
stick to your values and preferences, and no
one can convince you otherwise! You are the
legendary cat of mystery.


What color of cat are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

No comments:

Post a Comment