Sunday, October 19, 2008

I woke up at 4pm to-day. This after I'd determined to get up a little earlier. I accidentally stayed up watching Stripes. When Bill Murray's girlfriend dumps him at the beginning of the movie, the reasons she gives to him are;

"Nothing's changed . . . You sleep until noon and then you watch Rocky and Bullwinkle. And then you drive your car, what, a couple hours? You come home and you order out food and then you play those stupid Tito Puente albums until two in the morning! . . . And then you watch movies until dawn and then--then you come to bed with me . . . You're going nowhere, John. It's just not that cute anymore."

And I thought, gods, that's probably pretty close to how my life would look in 1981. Replace Rocky and Bullwinkle with anime, Tito Puente with Charlie Parker, the girlfriend with an empty bed, and the only thing really lacking is Internet, my comic, and my blog. I have to wonder what Murray's character was doing while he listened to the Tito Puente albums.

I spent an obscenely long time at Tim's house playing Soul Calibur 4 yesterday before coming back here at midnight and colouring until 4:30am. Then I watched Stripes while eating dinner. I'd better get some drawing done now . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment