Wednesday, June 04, 2003

Both Trisa and Cryptess have recently expressed interest in reading what I have of my novel so far, but after going through the first few chapters a bit, I've decided to wait until I've finished with the second draft of the entire thing. There're just too many major changes I want to make that I can't do now for two reasons; doing them now would distract me from finishing the first draft, and I'll probably want to make more changes--or perhaps fewer changes--when I'm looking at the thing from the end of draft 1.

I am making some good progress with part 8, and it's helped that I've been spending a lot of time at the Starbucks where Trisa works, waiting for her shift to end.

This also gave me opportunity to meet her new friend Anthony, who seems very amiable and manly. He apparently wants good Trisa for his ladyfriend, and I got to watch him give her a pretty little fresh flower at Starbucks one day. He seems like a sweet guy, and Trisa could do a lot worse. He did kind of set off my homophobic-phobia, but maybe I'm just paranoid.

Speaking of bigotry, Trisa's Starbucks, while being 90% a nice place to be, was nontheless the scene for my first time ever being the subject of anti-semitism. Which is a little odd given that I'm not Jewish. I'm told by one of these bigoted fellows that it's because I dress like a Jew.

In that case I must say that I'm happy to be associated with any group that has such a keen fashion sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment