Thursday, February 21, 2008

I've listened up to Rubber Soul in my new Beatles collection, and I'm hearing a number of songs I hadn't heard before. I found the last song on Rubber Soul, "Run for Your Life", to be rather startling--it starts off with the lyric, "I'd rather see you dead, little girl, than to be with another man." Hearing that in my car prompted from me an immediate, "Whoa, damn, John!"

According to the Wikipedia entry, "Lennon designated this song his 'least favorite Beatles song' in a 1973 interview, and later said it was the song he most regretted writing."

I can't say I blame him for regretting it. I can see where he's coming from--I'm fairly notorious for my insecurity in relationships. But I'm much quicker to attack myself than to threaten the other party.

Of course, I already knew John Lennon was a jealous guy from this song;



As you can see, much like Matt Lauer, John Lennon's trying to dress like me. Oh, heavy is the burden of my interdimensional fashion influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment