Sunday, February 03, 2008

"The truth is rarely pure and never simple." - Oscar Wilde

I watched Cat People (1942) again last night. Since Moira was posting John Donne poems the other day, here's the one quoted at the end of Cat People, his Holy Sonnet V;

I am a little world made cunningly
Of elements, and an angelic sprite ;
But black sin hath betray'd to endless night
My world's both parts, and, O, both parts must die.
You which beyond that heaven which was most high
Have found new spheres, and of new land can write,
Pour new seas in mine eyes, that so I might
Drown my world with my weeping earnestly,
Or wash it if it must be drown'd no more.
But O, it must be burnt ; alas ! the fire
Of lust and envy burnt it heretofore,
And made it fouler ; let their flames retire,
And burn me, O Lord, with a fiery zeal
Of Thee and Thy house, which doth in eating heal.


And I went to a sushi restaurant to read Beowulf. Not much else to say about yesterday.

I've been watching the new season of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (Goodbye, Teacher Despair), which probably explains why I was dressed like him in my dream last night.

So far the new season's an improvement over the last couple episodes of the previous season. Here's a particularly weird bit from the second episode. In case you're wondering, "Pari pari tun tun," is not Japanese.

No comments:

Post a Comment