Sunday, February 10, 2008

Still not in quite the right headspace for a blog entry. I may get increasingly quiet as I work with this stuff. To-day I've been working on the history of one nation while mapping out the concurrent history of its official religion. I have two doc files open and I have to pause several times to decide which file the thing-I-just-made-up belongs in. I suppose this will all go in my wiki, but I'm starting to have second thoughts about using the wiki software. It's too difficult to change names. I may finish this all up in doc files and then transfer to wiki. I also don't like wiki's restrictions on images. It wants my maps smaller than I want them, making names of cities and forests illegible. But there's much I've yet to puzzle out about wikis . . .

I'm really glad to see the writer's strike is practically over. I was sorry to see Roy Scheider died (er, not because of the strike), though I haven't really been interested in his work beyond Jaws and Naked Lunch. Though I've been contemplating giving Seaquest DSV a re-examination, since it was created by Farscape creator Rockne S. O'Bannon. But probably not any time soon since I just downloaded a bunch of Akira Kurosawa movies last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment