Friday, February 08, 2008

I think I got three out of five on the first quiz in this British Literature class I'm taking, which I find really annoying. I'd read the portion of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight that the quiz was concerned with, I understood it and I enjoyed it. But I misread Question One, which asked during whose reign the story was written, followed by the multiple choices (a)the Tudors, (b)the Normans, and (c) the Saxons. I read it as asking which group was in power during the events of the story, so I put Saxons.

The quiz also asked in what court did the Green Knight make his appearance. I wrote "The Round Table", since that's how the story constantly referred to it. But apparently the acceptable answers were "King Arthur's Court" or "Camelot".

I swear, I need an English to Setsuledese dictionary.

After class, I went to the Living Room and wrote for a while. Did I mention I abandoned that gangster noir thing I was talking about a while ago? Yeah, I kind of knew I was making a mistake when writing it by making it so personal. Now reading it just disgusts me. So I've gone back to work on that really big project I was in the middle of earlier in the year. When am I going to learn I'm lousy at multitasking?

Last night I finished coming up with all the background information I needed on one of the religions I've created for this project. I mean to have at least skeletons of five different religions before I get started on the comic. Plus, I want to develop at least six nations. I've so far developed two. I hope I haven't bit off more than I can chew. I have a feeling all I really need is patience.

I finished the evening with some Jameson and Eat, Drink, Man, Woman, a movie that always calms me down. But you know what's been a primo balm lately? Jaime Hernandez's Locas comics. The Maggie the Mechanic collection was great, but The Girl from HOPPERS is shaping up to be one of the sweetest things in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment