Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Somewhere Outside my Brain, There are Places

Instead of letting myself get disembowelled like a schmuck by some fairy lady, I took my digital camera downtown to-day to take pictures. I bet there's probably a checklist of stages for jackasses with new cameras, and I guess I'm probably at stage 4 or 5. At least I'm not self-deprecating.


This is from on top of Horton Plaza, my favourite mall.


Also from on top of the mall. A restaurant.


Jessop's the clock.


At the harbour now, obviously, taking a picture of a reproduction of an old boat. I took three pictures of it and couldn't get one that wasn't blurry. The camera seems to do a lot of things automatically that I still need to learn to shut off. At least I figured out how to turn off the flash, unlike most of the tourists around me.


Ducks!


The things that look like whale bones on the left were far more interesting when I took this photograph than when I walked closer afterwards and found out it was some kind of sculpture.


I wish this one had come out better.


This one came out crystal clear, probably because there was nothing in the foreground to make it interesting. I wonder if my camera's even capable of deep focus. Maybe I need a telephoto lens like Kurosawa.


I'm not sure what this place was, but it was pretty creepy.


The city. Night.


I loved how orange these leaves looked by the streetlamp. If you look hard enough, you can find trees that change colour for autumn and winter in San Diego.

No comments:

Post a Comment