Tuesday, November 04, 2008



I am so much happier than I thought I'd be. I thought I'd be happy, but not this fucking happy. They're waxing on on MSNBC right now about what this says in terms of race relations--as well they should. This is extraordinary--this is all the people who were complacent in 2000 getting together and expressing themselves through their vote, this is America getting up on its feet. It's a real beautiful thing. It's almost terrible, actually, that something so beautiful would happen after years of heartbreak. I'm not sure I'm equipped to trust it. But for now, I'm happy.

Incidentally, I'm happy about the presidential election where Barack Obama won, if you're reading this in archives. This was the night Barack Obama became president of the United States of America and I actually felt good about society.

No comments:

Post a Comment