Friday, November 14, 2008

I've never seen Ishtar, but to-day I dreamt there was a suburb of San Diego named after the movie. It was isolated in a ring of hills and the place was considered bad luck by most people I knew. I drove a large, unwieldy SUV there as the sun was setting and immediately bad music started playing on the radio.

I stopped in a cul-de-sac at the bottom of a hill. It was a residential area but there was a stand set up selling Submarina sandwiches (Submarina's a Subway competitor) and smoothies. A bunch of surly knights were waiting to be served. I got in line and bought an orange smoothie, but then got back in line when I realised I wanted a sandwich, too. I asked for very specific ingredients, but all I remember now is that I wanted mustard and provolone cheese. The worker was halfway through making my sandwich when he told me he needed to take care of something and went into one of the houses. He didn't come back for a long time, the knights behind me started getting angry, and when he finally came back, the whole thing ended up costing me an extra ten dollars somehow.

Anyway. New Venia's Travels to-day, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment