Friday, November 21, 2008

I was in a really nice, deep sleep, having a wonderful dream about a beautiful naked Twi'lek woman singing Duke Ellington's "Sophisticated Lady" with Ella Fitzgerald's voice when my sister called me thirty minutes after noon. So yet again I didn't get enough sleep to-day so I have to push back finishing Chapter 14's script again. But, I keep reminding myself, I'm still ahead of where I was with Chapter 12 at this point.

My sister and parents had gotten a new, six week old kitten so I went over to see her. My parents had gone to the pound to get a puppy when they saw a woman leaving a box of kittens and abruptly walking away, despite a worker's protests that the kittens were too young for the pound to take. My sister's named the cat Saffy after, I think, the character on Absolutely Fabulous. I'm hoping the kitten does okay despite the early separation from her mother. I spent a few hours with my sister and the kitten, who's black with a tuft of white fur on her chest. I watched Saffy totter around a bit, eat quite a bit, and sleep quite a bit more than anything else.

While I was there, I found my audiobook copy of Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar, an unabridged version read by Maggie Gyllenhaal, had arrived. I'm looking forward to listening to it while colouring. The Bell Jar is the only book I've read in the past ten years where I can remember reading it again immediately after I read it the first time. I'm a little worried about the number of times I'll inevitably be listening to this audiobook.

To-night, though, I think I'll just go to Tim's and soak my brain in Soul Calibur 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment