Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Number of times I unexpectedly heard Led Zeppelin's "When the Levee Breaks" yesterday; 4.

I was driving back from my parents' house this evening when, at a four-way stop, I got one of those people across from me who're deathly afraid of being the first ones through an intersection. Normally they slow their cars to an unreasonable crawl a few feet before the limit line and if you haven't stopped yourself yet, they drift a bit, even after they've passed the line. To-night the guy across from me messed up his timing and was left facing me having irrefutably stopped first. There was an awkward pause before he finally moved.

I wonder about these people. Sometimes I think watching traffic is like watching extremely abstract renderings of human minds. Like these are the frightened, bullish, or sweet children inside everyone laid bare in steel bodies.

My computer speakers gave out to-day. I'm listening to music now via headphones connected to an extension cord connected to the computer. It's lucky I had such a cord, but I still might go out see if I can get some good, cheap speakers to-night. I detect a slight, thin, tinny quality to the music like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment