Thursday, February 05, 2009

Dot Dot Dot

Yesterday I watched Back to the Future with my sister, who'd somehow never managed to have seen it.

Not much else for me to say about yesterday. I did that and worked on my comic. I read the nice Sirenia Digest bonus thingy--an uncoloured issue of The Dreaming Caitlin wrote. A nice, strange story about a cat, which I always like to see.

I don't even have any complaints about the episode of Battlestar Galactica I watched last night--the fifteenth episode of the second season. It was one of the best episodes of the series. If someone had asked me to make a list of the things I'd have liked to have seen in the episode, that list would've included much of what the episode actually consisted of;

1) An episode told from Starbuck's POV that developed her character.
2) Subtle psychological interplay, in this case between Starbuck and Kat.
3) Dogfights.
4) Starbuck actually being a pilot, and being a pilot actually being a very important part of her character.
5) Characters remembering and registering the effects of things that have happened in previous episodes.
6) Beautiful women.

And I love how well the special effects of the space sequences are integrated with the physical effects in the cockpits. You really get a grip on those scenes.

This was an episode utilising what the show was made for--space battles and military characters.

Not very much sleep last night. There were noisy workmen here again this morning. I'm not having the greatest success concentrating or being coherent, so . . . over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment