Thursday, February 26, 2009

Shade in the Forest

My current liquor selection;



Anything stand out? Yes, gin was on sale at BevMo a couple days ago. I got those 1.75 litres of Bombay Sapphire for thirty dollars. But I had the tequila last night--I hadn't been in the mood for tequila in a long time and I was surprised to find myself thoroughly enjoying it.

I see Cate Blanchett's been cast as Maid Marian in Ridley Scott's Robin Hood. Certainly a vast improvement over the last several Marians we've seen. Certainly better than the one on the 2006 BBC 1 series, though the fault there may simply have been that it was a thoroughly lousy show. I wonder if Ridley Scott's still planning to make Robin the villain in this new movie. It'd be kind of cool if Blanchett were the protagonist.

How would that work? Maybe she's manipulating the political situation while King Richard's away. I'm not sure how a villainous Robin Hood fits into that, but, if nothing else, it'll be a nice looking film.

Really tired to-day. I thought I might try getting up earlier to-day, but as often happens when I get such a notion, I had a lot of trouble getting to sleep. I woke up after five hours and had a sort of weird half sleep for three hours, where my thoughts wouldn't quite dip far enough down into the abstract for me to lose consciousness. I think I can draw okay, though . . .

I watched the fifteenth episode of Battlestar Galactica's third season last night. At first I wasn't very enthusiastic about Adama imagining his wife there talking to him, but it won me over with the discussion of whether the love they had for each other was real. You never find out, and you realise Adama has to live with this uncertainty the rest of his life. It helps, too, that Edward James Olmos is so unrelentingly morose.

No comments:

Post a Comment