Saturday, September 06, 2008

Looks like Caitlin's taking down Nebari.net, so this is your last chance to see the Nareth manga I did several years ago. It's far from my best work--it was only my second comic. But it was a lot of fun. It's also a relic of the days when Caitlin dared to speak my name.

It's half Farscape fanfiction, half rendering of Caitlin's Nar'eth character, a Nebari woman she dressed as at conventions. I guess I've always shared Caitlin's desire to create alternate worlds to dwell in. It's kind of interesting, in light of that, that our Second Life role playing relationship ending up being such a train wreck. For some reason she was never able to get into character around me, and she seemed to resent all my attempts to create characters. Yet we seemed to work together so well on fanfiction, both the Nebari thing and the Lord of the Rings thing. Part of me thinks it was the whole thing with Sonya that got in the way, and Caitlin felt she could never trust me after that. And I, meanwhile, am sorry for trusting Sonya. Nice little merry go round.

Yesterday, I played Soulcalibur 4 for four hours at Tim's house, discovering Amy, the rapier wielding teenager, can very easily make the likes of Astaroth her bitch. Afterwards, I went for a long drive to the grocery store and thought up the basic skeletons of chapters nine and ten of Venia's Travels. I'm very much looking forward to working on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment