Sunday, September 27, 2009

Guns, Girls, and Gin

Last night's tweets;

Zombie Jabba spies his favourite Twi'Lek.
Dancing alone in a noisy strip mall.
She's sacred as a barber pole's phallic.
Distracted cartoon angels never fall.


And then, to-day, I found I'd gotten an @reply from someone named Gold Five; "Stay on target!" I looked at his profile and saw that he says that to anyone who makes a Star Wars reference. I love it.

I finally got a good day's sleep to-day. I had my alarm wake me at 2pm and I fell asleep at around 5:30am. I think I only woke up twice during that period, and I had a dream that there was a bar I went to every day after some undefined blue collar job. One day, I was surprised to find the bartender had been replaced by Megan Fox. She smiled at me and said, "You want a gin and tonic, don't you?"

"No, actually," I said, "a gin martini with garlic stuffed olives." She delivered. I'm still thinking I might see Jennifer's Body.

I'm so glad to feel awake to-day. Yesterday just sucked. I didn't get anything done, either, and I've got to finish two pages to-day. I spent some time in Second Life last night and ended up just wanting some plain brilliant movie that went down smooth, so I watched Goodfellas. I love when Lorraine Bracco says, "I know there are women like my best friends who would have gotten out of there the minute their boyfriends gave them a gun to hide, but I didn't. I gotta admit the truth, it turned me on."

Wow, googling to find the exact quote, I found this site which not only has mp3s of Goodfellas quotes, but ringtones of them. Sugoi.

I probably oughta mention I watched the last episode of CANAAN with breakfast to-day. The show kind of hadn't been good for about six episodes, though. It was strange--the first five or so had great animation, imaginatively sensual direction, and complicated stories. But suddenly the backgrounds became very plain, all the situations the characters were in suddenly became just excuses for them to say extremely emotional things to each other without them having been earned by any established characterisation, and everything I was interested in was left unaddressed, or they were resolved rather arbitrarily. Hugely disappointing for a show that'd had such promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment