Saturday, August 15, 2009

Surveying the Rind

Twitter Sonnet #50

Some cats need humans to remain standing.
All dogs and cats are asleep around here.
Woven into roof papers 'til landing
On the bleeding cop Tim Roth bier.
I've cleaned the prestigious dust of two weeks.
By the power of food I now transform!
I sought the pizza arcade no kid seeks.
And I like vegetables in french fry form.
I'd like a Playboy Centrefold katsa.
Friendly healing spells leave me oddly numb.
Chaos cheese is perfect for a pizza.
Watermelon juice is perfect with rum.
Above the garage hides William Holden.
Arachnids keep the sustenance totem.


It's hard to imagine a more perfect flavour combo than the watermelon juice with rum. That was a pleasant surprise. I bet grapefruit juice would work pretty well, too, come to think of it.

Haven't slept very well the past couple nights. On Friday I thought it might be because I hadn't had alcohol the night before. To-day I wonder if it was because I had alcohol the night before. I may finally have to face the fact that some problems are totally unrelated to alcohol consumption. Maybe it was the tea I had first. Hopefully I can get some drawing done to-day, because I need to.

Last night I watched the "Buffy vs. Dracula" episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It really made me want to watch Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula movie. The Buffy episode borrows in bulk from that film while tripping all over itself--it's clear Whedon wants us to take this Dracula seriously by tying him into the exploration of the Slayer's essential nature, and yet the seductiveness that drives the story in the best incarnations of Dracula is reduced to a dopey spell and the episode kind of goes back and forth between either Buffy behaving well out of character or a flat love potion effect for a rich thug.

So, yeah, I'm in the fifth season now. The dream sequences at the end of the fourth season were pretty good, especially the bit where we got to see Willow in the far more attractive "nerdy" attire for a brief moment. At least they've made her paler again with higher contrast makeup and clothes. But she still has that lousy haircut.

Here's a daddy-long-legs I found in my bedroom last night--music's by The Pillows from the FLCL soundtrack;

No comments:

Post a Comment