Friday, December 12, 2008

I watched the second part of the Battlestar Galactica miniseries last night. Some questions remain with me. Why was the president lady talking to Commander Adama about installing computer networks on the Galactica when she was about to be decommissioned? Why were all the clones of the arms-dealer guy dressed like arms-dealers? Why did all those human clones have to go onboard the station to retrieve that one guy? Did Gaius refer to working on something on the Galactica for weeks only for the second in command guy to refer to his fight with Starbuck as happening "yesterday"? I don't have time to go back and check.

Still, I enjoyed it. I'm digging Katee Sackhoff big time. And now I am sorry I got out of the Battlestar Galactica line at Comic-Con.

It's kind of interesting watching the show so shortly after watching Blade Runner. Every time someone died, I wanted Edward James Olmos to say, "It's too bad she won't live! But, then again, who does?" I feel like I find it too funny the way his tummy pokes through his tight uniform, though. He's so unrelentingly dour but he looks like an aging bellhop whose uniform shrunk in the wash.

I woke up at 2pm to-day, which is an hour earlier than I'd meant to, and boy, I feel it. I'm not sure how much I'll get done to-night, or what I'll try to get done. My ability to make decisions is one of the most difficult to access departments of brain on sleep deprived days.

I was sorry to hear Bettie Page had died. I was glad the news items I saw reporting her death all used pictures from her old pin-ups. I know she didn't like being photographed in her old age, and I always respected her for not falling prey to a vain fiction like Susan Sarandon or Demi Moore. I've seen a lot of women feverishly grasping to the belief that Demi Moore's still pretty, but even if you do manage to convince yourself of that, there's still the inevitability of beauty fading with time. I respected Page for recognising this truth while still managing to be happy and proud of her career.

Again, new Venia's Travels to-day.

No comments:

Post a Comment