Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Lion, the Biomechanical Monster, and the Christmas

I suppose Christmas is a time for hope, a time for possible paths of light streaming away from the penchant for destruction and mediocrity that so often characterises humanity. The first item that might qualify as a ray of hope I've seen to-day is Disney pulling out of the Narnia business. Hopefully this means the Prince Caspian adaptation shall be the last dry, chalky crusting of coloured sugar on the necklace. I'm generally pleased with how already everyone seems to have trouble remembering the first film, that even people who told themselves they liked the first one had trouble remembering to see Prince Caspian. Now, hopefully the series will sail completely into obscurity before The Voyage of the Dawn Treader has a chance to be ruined, and ten years from now we'll see an honest adaptation of the books.

Of course, I suppose this frees up Weta for the live-action Evangelion movie, and I'm not entirely sure I want to see an Americanised, live-action Eva. I'd probably change my tune for the right director, though.

I worked all night on my comic, but I still need to colour the last two pages of Chapter 15. The chapter's looking a bit better than I'd expected.

Anyway, that's about all I have time for. Merry Christ Mouth, everyone!*


*Baby Jesus lives in Christ Mouth until he's older, but sometimes he's eaten on accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment