Saturday, December 27, 2008

When Machines Translate Passions

Now testing my camera's video function;



I was listening to Philip Glass and Allen Ginsberg's "from The Green Automobile" and I'm rather surprised by how audible it is. Visible on the computer monitor is this story about a man in Philadelphia who shot another man in the arm for making too much noise during The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. First of all, let me say; finally. People need to learn to shut the fuck up in a movie theatre.

Seriously, though, no-one deserved to be shot. I know my friends who are proponents of less restrictive gun laws would likely say, sure, you hear about this story, but not all the stories where other gun carrying audience members spotted the irate viewer in the dark theatre and gunned him down before he could shoot the noisy gentleman, or maybe the noisy gentleman would twist around and fire back at the guy like Abraham Lincoln in the opening to Police Squad.

Is a movie called The Curious Case of Benjamin Button really the place for any kind of gun violence? With all due respect to F. Scott Fitzgerald and director David Fincher, that is one of the most twee ass titles I've ever heard for a movie. What's next? A knife fight during The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants? That doesn't sound so unlikely, actually . . .

Feels like the sore throat is coming back to-day, along with coughing and sneezing. Guess I'd better buy some more mead . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment