Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Where a Bunch of Men have Gone Before

Busy to-day working on my term paper, which I'm halfway through writing. I suppose I should also study to-day for to-morrow's Astronomy lab final, though I'm feeling rather comfortable about my grade for that class since the teacher decided too many of the students had done poorly on the outside of class moon/sunset observation lab and therefore decided to count the assignment as extra credit and I got 100 points (the maximum) on it. I don't know what everyone found so difficult--it didn't amount to much more than taking four pictures of the sunset.

Paramount has announced that Benedict Cumberbatch is playing John Harrison in Star Trek: Into Darkness, a guy killed by Khan in "The Space Seed", which everyone is assuming, rightly, I think, means Cumberbatch is playing Khan in disguise, a suspicion supported by the fact that Carol Marcus is in the movie, basically meaning this is likely J.J. Abrams' remake of Wrath of Khan. What a dumb bait and switch. "I'm not the genetically modified super soldier you think I am, I'm simply just like him! No, wait, I am him! Rich Corinthian leather!" I like Benedict Cumberbatch a lot, but this is dull news. I was hoping he was Finnegan.

No comments:

Post a Comment